Attorney – Intellectual Property
Chenoweth Law Group (CLG) seeks an experienced intellectual property, data privacy, and business attorney. This attorney will work with our existing clients in connection with all aspects of IP, data privacy, and business law while growing these practice areas.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and an active member of the Oregon state bar (or very soon to be one). Washington license is a plus.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant work experience, including federal court trademark litigation and prosecution within PTO, experience with trademark and copyright litigation, and PTO opposition/cancellation proceedings.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating IP license and assignment agreements, both independently and within larger commercial agreements; drafting and negotiating cease and desist, takedown notices and demand letters; advising clients on IP protection and risks; all TTAB proceedings; USPTO filings, searches, and office actions; DMCA proceedings; UDRP proceedings; drafting ToS, PP and EULAs; advising on GDPR, CCPA, COPPA and HIPAA; SaaS, NDA and MSA drafting and negotiations.
- Experience with IP litigation.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willing and able to mentor junior lawyers.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and able work effectively with a variety of personalities.
- Desire to engage in marketing, such as writing blogs and articles as well as present/give seminars on various subjects.
- A sense of humor.
This position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to work with a growing, fast-paced, and fun downtown law firm. We also have an excellent benefits package, including medical and vision, dental, 401K, profit sharing, three weeks paid time off to start, summer flex schedule, a generously stocked breakroom, and fun office events. This position offers remote work flexibility after integration into the firm.
For consideration, please email [email protected] and include your resume, a cover letter, and a concise paragraph stating why this position is for you.