Protecting Your Rights and the Value of Your Property
An easement gives someone the right to use part of another property owner’s land. Obtaining an easement can be the key to unlocking the value of a property, and so the easement itself can be said to have value. In a potentially lucrative easement dispute, you need strong and effective legal representation to protect your rights and interests.
Chenoweth Law Group is a firm with extensive experience in all types of real estate disputes, including easement disputes involving commercial and residential properties. Our team of real estate attorneys provides skillful advocacy in litigation and administrative proceedings, and we will work diligently to achieve your goal.
How We Can Help
At CLG, we represent clients throughout Oregon, Washington, and California from our headquarters in Portland. Our lawyers handle all types of easement disputes, including those involving:
- Prescriptive easements — When an informal or ad hoc access arrangement has existed for a number of years, one party may seek to formalize the situation through the creation of a prescriptive easement. We represent both sides in such disputes.
- Access disputes involving landlocked properties — We represent clients in cases involving potentially valuable development land that is surrounded by other properties.
- Eminent domain easements — Utilities and governmental entities can demand access in order to construct facilities for the public good. While preventing the easement may not be possible, we can represent you, seeking to limit the scope of the easement or obtain greater compensation than you were originally awarded.
- Drainage easements — If the owner of an adjoining property wishes to alter a landscape to facilitate the drainage of water, an easement may be necessary. CLG represents plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving disputed drainage easements.
- Termination of an easement — Our attorneys can represent you in litigation involving proposed easement terminations.
At CLG, we understand the importance you place on maintaining or enhancing the value of your property. Our law firm will provide results-oriented representation designed to protect your rights and interests.