Probate & Trust Administration Litigation
During the probate and trust administration process, disputes can arise over the handling, valuation, and distribution of assets.
Given the large financial stakes that may be involved, estate and trust disputes can become quite heated. They can also become drawn out, consuming the estate’s or trust’s assets through probate and litigation costs. Therefore, it is important to resolve the dispute as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Chenoweth Law Group is a Portland-based law firm that provides comprehensive representation in all types of estate disputes, including probate estate and trust administration litigation. Our probate litigation attorneys are experienced, knowledgeable in the law, and determined to obtain the best possible outcome for every client.
What Are Your Probate Concerns? We Conduct Thorough Investigations.
These are but some of the many questions that can arise during the probate process:
- Is the executor/trustee named in the will or trust a suitable candidate for the position?
- Has the executor/trustee complied with the law in the performance of his or her duties?
- Did the executor/trustee fail to comply with his or her fiduciary duties?
- Has the executor/trustee mishandled assets?
- Did the executor/trustee properly value real estate and other nonliquid assets?
- Did the executor/trustee incur excessive costs during the probate/trust administration process?
- Has the executor/trustee failed to distribute property to the estate’s/trust’s beneficiaries according to the terms of the will/trust?
The same issues can arise regarding an estate administrator who is appointed by the court when no valid will exists. We are prepared to represent either side of a case: beneficiaries or executors.
CLG can represent you should a dispute arise over the appointment of an executor/trustee or the conduct of the executor/trustee during the probate process. As aggressive estate and trust litigation attorneys, we will work tirelessly to protect your rights, whether your appointment or conduct as executor or trustee is being challenged or you want to challenge the appointment or conduct of an executor or trustee.